Many women look forward to breaks and "treats" on Mother's Day - time to be alone. one of my sisters said to me one year, "I just have a problem being away from my children on the day that celebrates the fact that I have been blessed with children. I couldn't agree with her more!!!Do we like and need breaks? Absolutely. However, I so enjoyed waking up on Mother's Day morning, making coffee for my husband and dad, getting breakfast for the girls and just going about our every day routine.
After having suffered 2 miscarriages prior to carrying full-term, I think Mother's Day is that much more special... at least for me. Being a mom is the hardest job in the world - of this I am totally sure. More days than not, I find myself at the end of the day wondering what happened to the day and what did I actually accomplish - other than witnessing a tornado or 7 hit the innards of the house. Then a friend reminded me that all of those things will still be there - the laundry, toilets that need to be scrubbed, something to be made in the kitchen.... that it is more important to hold your children, play a game, do a puzzle, read a book to them or just talk with them - help shape them and teach them. These are all things that I know, yet in the craziness of life are so easy to forget. Are there days where I think I can't do it and I should totally be admitted to a looney bin? Yes! However, those days pass and with a little sleep the next day is fresh and new. A chance to start over and try it all again. What a blessing! There are so many women out there who long to become a mom, but are not able to do so. So to be able to spend this wonderful day with my girls and wonderful husband means so much.
Each day I am blessed to be able to see my girls grow and develop. It's hard to say that one day of the year is Mother's Day because it seems like I am blessed with that every day. The love, the kisses, the hugs, the new discoveries, new words, new accomplishments... every day is a reminder of the blessings of motherhood.
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment