The Jewelry Buzz

Monday, October 15, 2007

Sleep? What's that?

My bedtime seems to be getting earlier and earlier. I am not sure if it is the fact that it gets dark and 5 p.m., that I have a 1 year old or that I am pregnant. However, most nights early-to-bed seems to work well for me. Except for last night.

When my husband finally came to bed, I got up to go to the bathroom, as all pregnant women do all night. "Bang, bang, bang, bang!!! Slam! Shuffle, shuffle. Slam! Bang, bang, bang!" Yes, that is what I was hearing. Now keep in mind we still have a baby sleeping and I was sleep walking until then. I came back and he was all tucked in the bed - like nothing just happened.

"What was all the noise?"

"What noise?" he says.

"Ummm.... all the banging," as if I would be referring to the quiet noise?

"I was plugging in my cell phone."

Perfectly logical to make that kind of noise plugging in a cell phone, right? Was he building a special box for the phone too? I was too tired to ask any more questions, so I rolled over still wondering how anyone could make that much noise plugging in a cell phone. Then.... toss, turn, toss, turn... then talking? Yes, the man can't sleep so he decides to start talking? I just start laughing, he turns toward me and BAM! An elbow directly into my upper back! Pain would now be the understatement of the night. I believe the bruising is still boring its way deep into the muscle and tissue in my back. The comedy of errors continues and then.... he sleeps! I am wide awake, pain throbbing in my back, and am up for the next 2 hours! Then I wake up about every hour or so after that for the rest of the night until our baby wakes up.

Who needs sleep? Overestimated, right? There's always tonight.....

0 comments: