The Jewelry Buzz

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fun Conversations of a One-Year Old

I am standing here making breakfast and am enjoying the "conversation" that is happening between daddy and Abi. Daddy is asking a series of questions like, "Did you have a good day yesterday? Were you a good girl? Did you walk to the store with mommy yesterday? Did you get a good night's sleep?" and so on. After every question, Abi gives an answer, followed by an explanation as only she can do! We so wish we knew what she was actually thinking and trying to say. However, we also realize that the day is coming when we will wonder if the talking will ever stop! We are enjoying every stage. She continues to keep us on our toes! Like last night, for instance....

We have a refilled water jug in the corner of the kitchen for our water cooler. Because it is a refilled jug, the hole in the top is currently open - just a small hole. Mark asked me the other day, "Hey, she isn't dropping things down in there, is she?"

"No," I replied. "She just looks at it and puts her mouth on it."

Then there is last night. Mark is at a meeting, we just finished tubby time, I am getting her milk ready and I look over and notice her behavior around the water bottle is a little different. I quickly retrace all the previous steps in my head to remember if she had anything that would actually fit through the hole....

We had ducky, but too big for the whole. Besides, he is sitting right there on the floor.

Horsie, froggie and doggie are all way too big and they are still downstairs.

We were brushing teeth in the tubby and the toothbrush is right....ummm... where is the toothbrush!?

"Abi, where is your toothbrush?"

She looks at me, looks into the water jug and there it is! Floating in the water! "Great," I think. "How on earth am I going to get that out of there? I'm creative," I encourage myself. "I can come up with something."

I start looking through the kitchen drawers for something long enough, yet still thin enough to fit in the top of the jug. I found the tongs for the grill! Let's see if those fit! Sure enough, with a little jiggling of the water jug and a couple of tries with the tongs, out comes the toothbrush! The top has now been taped in hopes of preventing another "accident" in the water :) We'll see how long that lasts. She was already trying to figure out how to pull it off last night. Such a smart girl!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

How cute! Although I'm sure it wasn't cute when you were trying ot figure out how to get it out! : )