The Jewelry Buzz

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trips to the Doctor

Both Abi and I had appointments this week and all went well. I started out the week with my 28 week appointment. Everything seems to be growing well! My tummy is right on target, the nurse said, "Well it's about time you out on some weight!" (yeah, still not quite sure how to take that one :)), ultrasound shows everything growing well and I had the lovely Glucola test. I just found out that I failed the Glucola test, so I get the opportunity to spend 3 hours in the doctor's office next week! How fun! Not sure what to expect, but all the ladies there are fun so I guess I can chalk it up to a "getting to know you" session :)

Abi had shots and cried for a total of about 3 seconds - really! She watched the shot go into her arm and it wasn't until it came out and the nurse turned away that she started to get a pouty lip. She stopped with the cry as soon as I turned her around so she could get one in the other arm. After that one, she cried for a second until I put her upon my shoulder! Then she was done! I asked her is she was ready to get dressed and go home and she quickly replied, "Yeah!" Everything else with her is great. She is now in the 20th percentile!!!! Yippee!! She is growing for sure! She was born in the negative 5th percentile, so this is quite a leap for her. She has slowly been moving herself up the charts! She has also finally reach 20 pounds..... 20 lbs and 1 oz to be exact. She is petite, but very strong (yes, the doctor mentioned how strong her legs and hips are) and is growing at a great rate. She also keeps us laughing! Man she is funny and so sharp!!! Nothing gets past her....

Well, I think that's about all that is new for the moment. I am sure I'll have some more funny stories soon! Why, you ask? Well, because I have come close to tripping on the stairs a few time in the past week! Now that I am getting tired again, I know my feet and legs are getting lazy. It's just a matter of time! The good news? The bruise from the fall I had the day before Abi was born is finally almost gone! Yes it has taken quite a while for all of that to heal. The shin is a hard place to heal!

Happy thoughts and lots of smiles!

0 comments: