The Jewelry Buzz

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Southern Greek Girl

I woke up yesterday morning to hiccups coming from inside my belly. Baby J had the hiccups for the first time! What a sweet sensation..... quickly followed by the kicking and punching that cause my stomach to look as though is were about to burst open. I must admit, it was very strange to watch my stomach jump around like that. I don't think I ever watched it with Abi. I just put my hand down to feel it. Maybe it was because I was in meetings and working and didn't feel I could look down, or maybe it just never crossed my mind to watch and see. However, there is still something calming yet exciting about the feeling and the strange appearance of all the internal activity. You wonder what goes on in there.... what she is thinking, what she is trying to accomplish through all the movement, etc. A co-worker opened my eyes to another thought when I was pregnant with Abi. She said, "I always wonder what the conversations are like between God and the developing baby. Are they conversations of what He is calling them to do in life, constant affirmation of their existence, just unconditional love...?" What a sweet thought to think about the conversations God is already having with our baby girl.

I am sure you are reading this and wondering, "Why the strange title." Well here is the answer! Abi has begun to talk a little as I am sure you all have guessed. When she hears us on the phone, someone is leaving, she is heading up for a nap or bed, etc. and a "bye" is in order, she comes out with, "Bah!" (yes, that is bye with a southern accent). She is always so proud of herself and we always repeat is just like her which brings HUGE smiles to her face and ours. I am not sure if she picked that up from me while hearing me on the phone with friends from Nashville, or what (I get a little bit of my accent back when I am talking with my friends), but it sure if fun to hear!

Now you are wondering, "Where is the Greek in all of this?" She just recently started saying, "up" when she wants to get up on the couch, come up for a hug.... except when she says it, it comes out as, "Upah!" Always with great emphasis and exclamation. She sounds Greek! Too funny. So there you have it. Our Southern Greek Girl! We love it and can't wait to hear what else she comes up with!

0 comments: