The Jewelry Buzz

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nesting!

Okay, so I am not sure I really went through this when I was pregnant with Abi, but I am nesting! Yesterday I couldn't sleep because I had lists of things going through my head that I wanted to get done. What came up on that list? Here are a few things:

Get baby stuff out of the garage
Pack the toys (at least 2/3 of them)
Clean the attic
Get baby stuff out of the garage
Pack Abi's "too small" clothes
Do the laundry
Get baby stuff out of the garage
Fill out the hospital paperwork
Pack the hospital bag (yes, it's packed with the exception of the baby clothes which are still in the garage)
Figure out meals for April
Plan to make and freeze meals for April
Get baby stuff out of the garage
Pack the kitchen
Pack the rest of the house
Clean the house
Do some baking
Get baby stuff out of the garage

Do you see a theme here? Let me explain the garage. We have so much stuff packed out there from this summer and my husband is more than happy to help reorganize and pull things. The problem is that the snow is still falling!!! We can't pull anything out to reorganize because the ground is still wet and full of snow. My poor husband has to listen to me panic about getting certain things out for the baby so that we can put more boxes in and I can begin to organize for the baby! He is kind and gentle in reminding me that we still have 6 weeks before the baby and that in 2 weeks we have help coming and the snow may be gone, but I can't seem to get past it. I have this sick order in my head of how things need to be done and in what order and I almost feel paralyzed because that is the first step in my head. How do I move to the next? It hasn't stopped me from packing a few boxes, but it is still in the forefront of my head...... pull the baby stuff and get it ready. Poor Mark! He is a trooper though :)

The other catch - the doctor has told me to take it easy, limit my activity and put my feet up especially at the end of the day. How do you do that and remain sane when you are nesting? I have felt comfortable being slower today (and yesterday after talking with Mark), but I still have lists upon lists going through my head. I am looking forward to getting back into everything tomorrow! Hopefully :)

Abi is also a big helper. She was helping me label the boxes (with her crayons), tape the boxes, vacuum and put things into boxes (or pull them out depending on the box). She is so cute! We are so blessed and can't wait to welcome our new little girl into the family!

The good news - we have a coffee carafe! Why? Well, because it was on the list. See what my husband has to put up with? Craziness!

In summary, you can pray for my sweet and patient husband as I continue to "need" things from here and there and can't work through this crazy state of mind I am in :)

0 comments: