The Jewelry Buzz

Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Milestone?

Okay, I know I have been blogging a lot the past few days. Fun, right? Well here is a fun Abi story for you. This morning we read for a little bit and then went outside and played. Then we came in and she helped me with some laundry, making up the bed and vacuuming. Somewhere in there she also had lunch.

Then while we were playing on the second floor I went ahead and changed her diaper and was prepared to bring her down stairs for some more play time. Just before her diaper change, she turned her music on in her room. I didn't really think anything about it since she sometimes just likes to have the music going while we are up there playing. After that, she was kind of piddling around and I put her pillow and animals in her bed so that we were ready when nap time came about. Then I went to the bathroom, something that happens about every 15 minutes these days for me, and when I came out her door was mostly closed and she was happy. I told her I was just going to go down to the kitchen and she could come down any time or play where she was. I heard her come out of her room, run into the next room and then back to her room - where she again closed the door (mostly). After about 15 minutes of not much noise, I just went to check on her. She had gone into the other room to get Doggie, crawled into bed and her animals were over her eyes - something she has done since birth if there is too much light for her to sleep. She was also tickling her toes with the tag of one of the animals - another thing she likes to do at bed time. She heard me come up to check, looked over at me and I asked, "Are you going night night?" She looked up, smiled with thumb in mouth and I bent down to give her kisses and say, "night, night." She totally put herself to bed including turning on her music and shutting her door!!!! Too cute!

So now I am off to finish the laundry and get the blankets back on our bed so that Mark can go to bed when he gets home in about 45 minutes. He just had some oral surgery and has a bad cold on top of it, so rest is something he will be in need of.

Have a great day!

0 comments: