The Jewelry Buzz

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Waiting for an Early Baby?

After having Abi a week late and having to go schedule an appointment to be induced, the last thing I expected to hear from my doctor this week at 35 weeks was, "You are not going to make it to your scheduled c-section." Yes, progress has already begun and 90% effaced. When you go in for a regular check-up this early you don't expect the doctor to say, "Whoa! Low baby! Head right there!" We had everything planned for a week before my due date. Company in place to care for Abi, work schedule for Mark all worked out, still had 4 weeks to get everything out of the garage and into the house, not to mention organized.... you know - the list! I said to my doctor after she was telling me what would happen when I went into labor, "I was not planning to go into labor with this one." Her smiling response was, "Well, you're going to." :) If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that you NEVER rely on your own plan. I am not sure why this one seems like it should be different, but I guess I should not be surprised. God always has the perfect plan, so now we wait.

I must say, this waiting is almost worse than going past your due date. Now that the response is that no one really knows - could be tomorrow, could be 2 weeks - it is really hard! You kind of just want things to happen so that you don't have to wonder when. However, there is a plan even in this waiting period. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, so we will see how everything is then. Life is an exciting mystery!

Here is the good news about the list. We went into the garage yesterday and found everything on the "must have it out" list! Now Mema is finishing the laundry and I am headed to make some drawer space to put the clothes. The car seat that we ordered was supposed to be delivered on April 7, but we got it the next day! I ordered it Wednesday evening after my appointment, it was shipped out ground (5-7 days) from Ohio late Thursday afternoon and arrived Friday morning at 9:10 am! We all kind of looked at it and wondered hmmm.... but we got it and we are thankful. It was the only box from that shipment that came - we are waiting for the others. However, it's here, put together and we are now ready for baby! More or less....

These are fun and exciting times. The reality is we just never know when or how things are going to happen. However, we can be thankful for the process and excited for the long awaited joys and blessings in life!

Mark and I are looking forward to having dinner out to night to celebrate our 5th anniversary. I can't believe it has already been 5 years! What a great and wonderful blessing. We look forward to some time together and are thankful that we are indeed together. There is no one else I would want to go through life with and share all of these unknowns with, so I feel more blessed than words can describe! God had a plan, has a plan and continues to work through and in us. What a wonderful thing life is!

Have a blessed and wonderful week!

0 comments: