The Jewelry Buzz

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breakthrough?

Have we had a breakthrough?  We'll see tonight!  Amanda slept for almost 9 hours last night!!  2 nights ago she slept 8 1/2 and the night in between was only 5 1/2 to 6 hours.  I have decided that since she has not settled into a regular routine as easily as Abi did that I am going to create one for her :)  We are starting it full force today, so I'll let you know!  She seems to take one short nap in the morning, one longer one during mid-day (this is the one that I am adding to her schedule) and one 30 minute nap just after dinner.  Then it's bedtime at about 8!!  It seemed to work for her yesterday, so I am trying it again today.  


Abi is beginning to talk up a storm!  She loves to dance and sing and she is beginning to really learn her alphabet and counting from 1-10!  I was shocked when I was reading a counting book to her and she got every one except for 9.  Amazing!  She really is a sponge right now so I am trying to work with her on a lot of these things.  She has an alphabet puzzle (thanks Nana!) and she is really starting to learn her letters.  So exciting!  She is very animated and dramatic (not sure WHERE she gets that) ;P  which makes things very funny.  She absolutely loves her baby sister and loves to help get her dressed, change her diaper, feed her, give her the pacifier - even if Amanda doesn't want it.  She is quick to let us know if Amanda is crying (even if we are sitting right in front her) because she can't stand to hear her cry - it makes Abi sad too!  It is all very sweet.  Amanda loves to watch her big sister and even give her kisses.  So cute!  we are blessed!

Amanda continues to grow so fast!!!  She is also talking a lot and loves to be in the kitchen with me while I am cooking.  She talks through the whole experience and smiles as I imitate her sounds.  She has the biggest smile!  AND the cutest little dimple in her left cheek.  She is very alert, wants to see everything that is going on and is VERY strong.  She is becoming a little chunk, but that's just extra sugar to love :)  She was even laughing in her sleep the other night!  She is a happy baby and oh so cute!

I continue to adjust to being a mother of 2 and have to admit that I love it more and more each day.  Abi is at a really fun stage as she is learning so much and Amanda is really starting to develop a personality of her own.  The girls are so different, but both very happy and bless us so much.  I had a dream a few weeks ago that I made a sippy cup birthday cake for Abi's birthday, so now I am wondering if I should attempt it!  I am not sure I could pull that one off.  She doesn't even like cake!  Maybe I should make a giant green bean instead :)  I can't believe she is almost 2 already....

Mark continues to work very hard not only at his job but also around the house.  Relaxing is not something he does well, but much of what he does is very therapeutic for him.  He loves to spend time with his girls and we all love it just as much!  He really is the best dad and husband.  I am so blessed!!!!  

Well, as we are continually blessed, we pray all of you are as well.  Have a wonderful weekend and I will check back in soon!

0 comments: