The Jewelry Buzz

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ummm... This Weekend?

Hi!  Okay, did I mention what weekend I would get stories and pictures up?  It is still a weekend :)  I ended up in the hospital for an unexpected gallbladder surgery so I have been a bit out of commission.  Now I am back and almost 100% again!  


Okay, story number one.  As we were driving home from the airport, Cara was trying to give Amanda some milk as she was screaming.  I am not sure if I have mentioned anything about her screaming, but she could really do some voice overs for horror films!  No exaggeration.  She has quite a set of lungs.  So, as Cara was leaning over a seat to give her some milk, all of a sudden she says, "Are you getting anything?  What is wrong with this thing?  It's like there is a stopper or something in it!" 
 
My reply, "There is a stopper in it so hat it wouldn't spill or overflow on the plane!"  Yes, this was the start of our weekend.  Once Amanda finally got some milk we were all in business. Conversations could be heard and Amanda was guzzling like she had not eaten in days!  

Story number two.  We decided to have dinner out on the patio one night and make use of the grill as well.  Cara grilled the chicken while I put some things together in the kitchen.  As we were enjoying dinner, having some "remember when" conversations, all of a sudden we hear something over near the cabinets on the patio.  We both stopped and looked, but didn't see anything.  We continued with our conversation and heard it again!  We were both a little freaked out, so Cara went to see if she what it was.  She was on the outside of the cabinets when we heard it again.  "It was a bird over there - I saw it," she says.
"No, I saw that bird, but the noise was in there."
"Oh."
Cara came back to the table and we were going to just let it go..... until we heard it again!  "There is something in the cabinets!" Cara screams!  Cara decides to be brave and head into the area where the cabinets were - armed with a little broom!  She lunges forward and smacks the first cabinet.  Nothing.  She lunges even further and smacks the second cabinet.  Nothing.  Then she walks very slowly in to the back portion and we hear it again!  All of a sudden at the same time I said, "It's the ice maker!"  while she asked (screamed), "Is there an ice maker out here?!"  Too funny!  To have had all that on video would have been perfect.  Yes, the ice maker sounded like a very large rodent rifling through the cabinets.  Laughter is such a great thing.


Here are some pictures from that weekend.  

Here we have Amanda sleeping peacefully in her stroller at the park - while squirrels were trying to climb up and join her!  I had to chase them away!  And let me tell ya - that was no easy task.  They are strong-willed squirrels!



                                            
                Here are Cara and Abi on the slide:





Is it okay if I climb up this thing?

Abi loves the park and it is a nice little walk there and back.  She also loves the pool!

I was not able to get into the pool yet, but here are a couple of shots at the pool:



Abi LOVES to watch people jump into the pool!  I am not sure if it was Caroline or Cara jumping in, but she got some good laughs out of it.
                                        Cara and Abi

0 comments: