The Jewelry Buzz

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Many women look forward to breaks and "treats" on Mother's Day - time to be alone.  one of my sisters said to me one year, "I just have a problem being away from my children on the day that celebrates the fact that I have been blessed with children.  I couldn't agree with her more!!!Do we like and need breaks?  Absolutely.  However, I so enjoyed waking up on Mother's Day morning, making coffee for my husband and dad, getting breakfast for the girls and just going about our every day routine.  


After having suffered 2 miscarriages prior to carrying full-term, I think Mother's Day is that much more special... at least for me.  Being a mom is the hardest job in the world - of this I am totally sure.  More days than not, I find myself at the end of the day wondering what happened to the day and what did I actually accomplish - other than witnessing a tornado or 7 hit the innards of the house.  Then a friend reminded me that all of those things will still be there - the laundry, toilets that need to be scrubbed, something to be made in the kitchen.... that it is more important to hold your children, play a game, do a puzzle, read a book to them or just talk with them - help shape them and teach them.  These are all things that I know, yet in the craziness of life are so easy to forget.  Are there days where I think I can't do it and I should totally be admitted to a looney bin?  Yes!  However, those days pass and with a little sleep the next day is fresh and new.  A chance to start over and try it all again.  What a blessing!  There are so many women out there who long to become a mom, but are not able to do so.  So to be able to spend this wonderful day with my girls and wonderful husband means so much.  

Each day I am blessed to be able to see my girls grow and develop.  It's hard to say that one day of the year is Mother's Day because it seems like I am blessed with that every day.  The love, the kisses, the hugs, the new discoveries, new words, new accomplishments...  every day is a reminder of the blessings of motherhood.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!  

0 comments: