The Jewelry Buzz

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Let the Pregnancy Blunders Begin!

Many who know me know that I am not the most graceful when I am pregnant. Some would clarify that I am not the most graceful, especially when pregnant. Yes, the past proves this through the many trips on the stairs, the fractured ankle at 26 weeks, falling into walls, tripping on my own feet (who doesn’t when you can’t see them?)… I think you get the picture. None can compare however, to the trip and fall on the main stage at Willow Creek last year … I was one week from my due date and I gracefully caught the toe of my shoe on the top step and fell forward. Yes my whale-self fell, I got some help standing back up, smiled and walked to my spot right on the end of the first row! Sometimes you just have to laugh and chalk it up as a memorable experience. What did I learn? Find out ahead of time which way the choir will be entering the stage and make the walk BEFORE you actually file on in front of an audience of thousands :)

It doesn’t seem that this pregnancy will fall short of the amusing blunders of the last pregnancy. :) It seems I may be a disaster in the kitchen this time around! At least a disaster to myself. It seems I have lost my ability to drain pasta water, pour coffee or stir something hot without burning myself. This is not in place of the two left feet mind you, but in addition. Yes I continue to trip, bump into walls, put the whole coffee beans in the basket of the coffee pot instead of the grinder (that is new this time too!), etc. Abi is confused and Mark seems to be getting a good laugh out of it – after he finds out that the burn is not serious of course. I have abandoned slippers and replaced them with slipper socks (I kept catching the toes of the slippers on the stairs last time), so hopefully I won’t be quite a disaster on the stairs. We’ll see! Now it's the slipping I need to watch - we have hardwood floors and stairs. I may have a whole new set of blunders to keep everyone entertained!

Stay tuned for more entertainment! :)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so funny. I have become pretty clumsy myself. I didn't know that came with pregnancy! : ) Hang in there. . .