The Jewelry Buzz

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Glimpses of Him

So it seems that it is feast or famine with my entries.  I really am trying to stay on top of things these days. :)

 The girls are really changing and I know how important it is to share the special moments and stages of their lives.  So much of what they say and do always makes me think on a slightly deeper level.  I say slightly because I do have mommy brain - sometimes hard to do 
any deep thinking :)  Here are some examples:

Abi says this when she hears any of us sad or upset: "I want you to be happy."  What a change of mindset sometimes - just to choose to be happy, to let everything else go away or to just find the fun and excitement in whatever is happening.  Abi is not always happy (she is 2 after all), but she is easily distracted and redirected to laughter or silliness.  How wonderful is that?!?  How I want to get back to that point.  It is so important.  Sometimes I think God speaks to us through our children as well.  I believe He does want us all to be happy, to live n the Joy of Him and the excitement and adventure that He lays before us.... before me.  


And Amanda... she can totally walk on her own, but she will only do it if Mark and I are sitting fairly close and she walks from one parent to the other.. almost runs actually.  Even though she can walk on her own, she holds tightly to the hand of Mom or Dad.  She doesn't want to let go.  There is a security there.  She makes the choice to hold our hand rather than walking alone.  The same holds true with our Heavenly Father.  We have a choice to walk through life on our own or to hold onto his hand.  How much our Heavenly Father wants for us to hold His tightly to His hand, to feel security in each step we take.  To walk with confidence in HIm.  To walk with Him in assurance that He will not let us fall.  He will hold us up and catch us.  How much God teaches us through our children if we just take the time to slow down and pay attention.....  

Well, I am going to call it a night.  I pray you all have a wonderful night.  Take some time to enjoy the small, subtle reminders that God sends our way each day.  He surrounds us with Love each and everyday - all day long.  There is something to be said for the cliche, "stop and smell the roses."  Take some time to slow down and recognize His presence throughout the day....

0 comments: