The Jewelry Buzz

Friday, July 10, 2009

Daddy's Girl

I know it is late for a "Father's Day" post, but I have been thinking a lot about this recently. Abi is such a daddy's girls. She always has been. As soon as he comes home, Abi is following him like a shadow - talking a mile a minute. "Help me with..., Let's go for a walk...", always wanting to know where he is and to get to him and talk, hug, sit with... you name it. While he is at work, she often says, "I miss daddy." She wants to be with him all the time. There is nothing sweeter that seeing this kind of special relationship between a daddy and his daughter.


True to form, I find it so inspiring and humbling. I think about my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I watch Abi and listen to her and think, "How did I become so far from my Father? What can't I be a Daddy's girls like she is?" How easy it is for her to think about her daddy all day long and has so much to say to him when he gets home. Why isn't it that easy for me to remember and think of God that way all through my day? I used to. And then life got so incredibly busy. However, I should never be too busy for my Father. He is the One who carries me, comforts me, leads me..... How I long to be a Daddy's girl. To be so anxious to run and jump into His lap to talk, sit, pray.... just be. To study His Word with Him. To spend every moment that I can with Him.

This is the desire of my heart. To be close to Him. I think in the midst of my restlessness, I realize even more how much time I waste when I could be talking with the Lord and discussing my life and the direction He has planned out for us. THIS should be my focus. THIS is my desire. HE is my focus.

I know many say that when you have children some things get pushed to the back burner - that there is too much going on to be able to have a consistent quiet time. I am so unsettled by that comment every time I hear it. God is #1 on the list of priorities. He needs to be. Without Him we are lost, stressed and out of control. It is a necessity to make sure you make time for Him each day. Schedule the time. Make a point to schedule a meeting with Him every day. His date book is wide open, ready to meet with us all the time... any time! He is waiting for us. For me. He is waiting for me right now. So I leave my blog now to go be with Him. My Daddy. To curl up and become a Daddy's Girl......

0 comments: