The Jewelry Buzz

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time at the Beach

What a gorgeous morning! First morning of my mini weekend getaway. I had a glorious quiet time this morning reading about some of Paul’s journey, basking in the Psalms and then a very personal, emotional and healing time of prayer as I walked the beach. So many emotions, thoughts, revelations ….. and so much beauty! To look out at the open sea, watching fishing boats in the distance, birds catching their breakfast, waves crashing in, sun hitting the sea so beautifully and perfectly …. To look out and see how smooth the water looks, but to watch how large and majestic the waves are that are crashing in onto the beach. All that they bring in and take away. It always amazes me how the ocean views hardly ever change, but so much emotion and thought comes from watching the same scene over and over again. I want to be able to carry those feelings, thoughts and concentration in every scene of life. How hard it is, but how much more rewarding it would be if I could think that clearly all the time – with my focus always on Him. How I long to live that way. I pray that this weekend God speaks to me and gives me insight and focus. That even in the high-paced life I live with 2 small children and a hectic, stressful, busy and complicated path, I can live as peaceful and focused as I feel when I am standing on the beach looking out at the open sea, listening to and watching the waves crash in on me. Still I stand firm, when the waves plow in, bringing debris and taking the ground away, yet cleansing me with the healing salt water. Every day can be lived that same way. I pray that I always remember that feeling. The feeling of the ground washing away, debris being left around me, yet I stand firm, peaceful and cleansed by the power of my all-knowing God and Creator, Lord of my Life – that He is holding me firm – that I am standing on a firm foundation.

Although I didn’t have a camera with me, there are sites I want o always remember. Snapshots in my mind that can always be brought back and remembered. I have always had an interest in photography and hope that one day I will be able to develop that interest. To be able to capture those moments to remember in print would be so wonderful. However, until then I will continue the photography in my mind and enjoy the thoughts and peace that the Lord has given me in those moments. To collect an album of conversations we have had and remember then through the storms. He is my Rock and my Fortress. My Shield and my Sword. My Comfort and Peace. My source of Joy.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subsides peoples under me. O Lord, what is man that you care for him? Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow. Part your heavens, O Lord, and come down; touch the mountains, so that they smoke. Send forth lightning and scatter the enemies; shoot your arrows and route them. Reach down your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose hands are deceitful. I will sing a new song to you, O God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you, to the One who gives victory to kings, who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword. Deliver me and rescue me from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose hands are deceitful. Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace. Our barns will be filled with every kind of provision. Our sheep will increase by thousands, by ten thousands in our fields; our oxen will draw heavy loads. There will be no breach of walls, no going into captivity, no cry of distress in our streets. Blessed are the people of whom this is true; blessed are the people whose God is the Lord.

Psalms 144

“You’re all I want. You’re all I’ve ever needed. You’re all I want. Help me know You are near. Bring me back to You….”

0 comments: