The Jewelry Buzz

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Day After

A friend told me yesterday that the first day after a "survival day" is always a good one. This morning is proving to be just that! The girls got a full night's sleep and I think mommy and daddy did too! Both girls actually woke up happy, talking to each other and are playing quietly with each other! Yes, that means they are sharing and being respectful of each other. How thankful I am, and how blessed to have a Father who understands how much I (we) need the calm after the storm.


Another beautiful discovery this morning? Amanda has finally clicked with her please and thank you's! She asked for something this morning and I said, "what?" She said, "May I milk peee?" What a great start to "the day after!" I know there will be challenges - I do have a toddler and a preschooler. However, I am thankful for the happy start and reminded how blessed I really am.

In the past I have posted only when I remembered or felt like I was in a place where I could actually share something - I get nervous about putting my thoughts and feelings out there. My gut is telling me that I need to get beyond my insecurities and do just that. I am not saying that will happen overnight, but I am going to make an effort to go beyond my comfort zone and see what god has in store.

Now I sit with coffee in hand, Bible open and ready to see what today has in store.....

0 comments: