The Jewelry Buzz

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Potty Training, Round 2

I think the title says it all. We started potty training Amanda this week. I was hesitant and dragging my feet because I didn't know what to expect. You see, Abi was SOOOO easy! However, the time was now and off we went. Area rugs covered, potty out, diaper off. OK! I can do this!!!!


First we went through the, "ok, now remember that you don't have a diaper on. You need to go to the potty if you need to go...." drill. We started outside since that is the easiest place. Potty outside, water and lemonade galore, we are running all over and nothing. I think this girl is a camel!! So we get ready to go inside. BUT WAIT! I hear, "Oh no! I'm peeing!" She runs to the potty and there you have it! Success. A couple of partial accidents inside and then we were full speed ahead. YIPPEE!!! My diaper days are coming to a close!

After a few days of no accidents, I took Amanda for a mommy daughter shopping trip to pick out her own big girl panties. She was SOOOO excited. We went shopping and she picked out monkeys. Glad I took her because that is NOT what I would have thought she wanted :-) They are cute though! And she could not WAIT to put them on. She actually pulled them out of the package and put them on over her pull-up. Yep! They are keepers!

Something I did differently with Amanda is that I didn't really take a break from errands and going out. It was easy with Abi to stop, but not so much with Amanda. And I think it worked out better for her too. I was more relaxed this time around, just offered a lot of verbal reminders to remember to go on the potty and she worked it out. So we are now 2 nights dry, and last night she actually woke up during the night to get up and go to the bathroom! She still needs help with pulling her pants down, but I am fine with that. She will get there and I am fine with helping her for a few weeks until she gets it. I am just really excited for her and for us! What an accomplishment!

Yay for Amanda!

0 comments: