The Jewelry Buzz

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayers

Abi has really started to pray some very sweet prayers and understand that she can talk to God whenever she wants to and ask Him for help. She is having a VERY hard time obeying right now - just testing all kinds of boundaries mixed with being independent. We have been talking a lot about prayer. We have also been talking about how it is not just mommy that says she needs to obey. God tells us in the Bible that we need to obey our parents (Ephesians 6:1). This morning she did something I specifically asked her not to do. I immediately sent her to her room for a time out. When the timer went off I went in to talk to her. Here is how the conversation went:


Mommy: "Abi, why are you in time out?"

Abi: "Well, because I did not listen to mommy."

Mommy: "Yes. You turned and took Amanda's ice right after I asked you not to. If you want your own, you can ask me for some."

Abi: "Okay mommy. I'm sorry."

Mommy: "Do you know that it makes God sad when you do disobey mommy?"

Abi: "Mommy, I want to say something to God."

Mommy: "Okay. go ahead."

Abi: She folds her hands, closes her eyes and says, "God, I am sorry that I did not obey mommy. I didn't mean to make you sad. I will try harder. And when I go to California, I am going to see if you are there too."

So sweet, but I did try not to giggle about the part about California. Her grandparents are visiting California right now and we have been talking about California a lot. She obviously wants to visit!

0 comments: