The Jewelry Buzz

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life's Reminders

I am mildly amused at how sweet the girls can be one minute and then turn into complete terrors the next. Right now they are in the pool (in their clothes), fishing for gooey fish. They each have a little fishing pole and they are dropping the sinking fish onto the steps and fishing them out. They have the sweetest conversations and then, out of nowhere, Amanda starts screaming, locking her knees, face turning red and you cannot understand a thing she is saying. Abi is trying to "explain" something. Ummmm, that's not working. Then, out of nowhere, everything is fine and they are laughing. Happens all day long! I wish I had a monitor in every room so that I could hear their sweet conversations while they are playing together.... and then to also hear who actually starts each fight.


Back to the pool. I am working with the girls on their confidence in the pool. Amanda has no fear at all - never has. Abi is finally starting to find a little confidence in the water too. I am sure it helps that her little sister is doing more than she is and is getting a whole lot of judos for it all. As I mentioned, the girls are in the pool in their clothes. Mark just jumped in and he is also working with them on their kicking. Abi is a bit more active in the water when it is daddy. There is a safety there. How much this reminds me of the safety I feel in my Daddy's hands. My heavenly Father is so comforting and I always feel safe with Him. How wonderful that these precious girls have an earthly father that mimics that. Someone who can give them a piece of tangible evidence that there is comfort in the Father's embrace. How thankful I am.

Enjoy the comforting embrace of the Father. Take time to really see who He is, what He says He will do and find comfort in the arms of Him. Rest in it. Believe it!

0 comments: