The Jewelry Buzz

Friday, April 16, 2010

Sweet Girls

So I want to take a moment to let you see the sweet girls that I have. I know I have written about some of the trials we have been having, but I want to tell you just how sweet these girls really are. This morning, Amanda and Abi were having a little conversation. When Amanda suggested something to Abi, Abi let her know that was okay, but maybe they could do something else instead. I don't remember what they were working out, but Amanda's response was, "Oh, that's a good idea, Abi" while lightly and lovingly stroking Abi's face. Abi then stood up and gave Amanda a big hug and a kiss and off they went. THIS is how they are most of the time. Amanda can't wait to see Abi in the mornings, greets her with a hug and kiss (along with everyone else) and Abi is the same with about Amanda, especially when Amanda wakes up from her nap. If Abi were taller, we wouldn't have to get up right away - she would get Amanda out of her bed!! They really and truly love each other and are seriously the sweetest girls on the planet. The trials we are experiencing are trials most parents face at one point or another.


And have I mentioned how thoughtful they are of each other? If I have one out at the grocery and the other is home, if we get a balloon the one with me always asks for a balloon for her sister. Or if someone gives one of them something, they are concerned about not having something for the other. Abi is particularly aware of this. I had Abi out one day and someone gave her a sticker. She said to me (after telling them thank you), "Oh know! We don't have one for Amanda!" Whomever it was so impressed with her thoughtfulness that she gave her another for Amanda and then gave her 2 balloons! I think we were at Party City. Abi is so very thoughtful and loving.

I am really blessed with these girls. They are so sweet and thoughtful. I think sometimes that is what makes isolated incidents seem so much worse! Because you don't expect them. However, they are children. These things happen. They happen to adults! :-D

1 comments:

Larissa said...

Beautiful thoughts! Your girls are thoughtful because they have a thoughtful mommy - they learn from example! They will be best friends for life! What a blessing!