The Jewelry Buzz

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh, Silly Mockingbird....


.... why do you mock me?!?!? Yes, we have a mockingbird who has decided to sit outside our window every night and sing at the top of his lungs. All night. I saw him today!!!! He even flew right by my chair and sat in a palm tree so I could get a really good look at him. I think he looked me in the eye!!!! I think he was saying, "Good to meet you! Rest assured, I will be singing AGAIN all night tonight in my same spot! On the wire RIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR WINDOW!!!!!" Oy. It is beautiful, but why must it be during the night? So I did a little research.

It turns out that when they are mating (and it's apparently mating season), they sing all day and all night until they find their mate. Let's pray for the mocking bird! Please join me in prayer that he finds his mate very soon!

Just for your amusement, here are a couple of short versions of what I hear all night:

Actually, click on all of the sound bites on this page: http://www.findsounds.com/ISAPI/search.dll?keywords=mockingbird - They all reflect the all night party!!

Happy sleeping!


1 comments:

Larissa said...

This has been a very amusing post! I enjoyed the sound bites - and really do feel for you. But all the same - I am amused indeed!

I will join you in prayer that your mockingbird finds his mate soon!