The Jewelry Buzz

Monday, March 29, 2010

Rats!

Not to be confused with "aw nuts" or "bummer." I mean real rats! Apparently we had some vacationers in the attic, but one must have fallen into the wall or vent. Our bedroom stinks!! Traps were set and another rat was caught, but no way to find the stinky one. We have tried everything possible to get the stench out of the room, but it continues to permeate the entire room. And it continues to get stronger and stronger.


The other day, the first day we noticed it, I was in the room spraying Lysol Neutra Air and Abi came in:

Abi - "Mommy, whatcha doin'?"
Me - "it is stinky in here and I am trying to see if this will help."
Abi - "Oh. Okay."
Then Abi runs out to Mark:
Abi - "Daddy, mommy is spraying the room because it is stinky. She sprayed me too. I think she thinks I am stinky!"

Too funny! And just for the record I didn't spray her, but I think she ran through some of the spray as it fell to the ground.

Do you ever get a smell stuck in your nose and even when you go outdoors in the fresh air, it doesn't leave? That is now what is happening to me. I think I smell like it too! Although it doesn't actually seem to be in my clothes or anything. Yes, I smell them often..... and all day long. Just checking!

Okay, so there is always a silver lining, right? Here is this one. It is ONLY in our room. Sure you can smell it in the hallway when you walk past, but it really is just that room. It could have been the entire house, so we can be thankful for the one-room isolation! Lucky us! LOL!

MOCKINGBIRD UPDATE: The mockingbird has been quieter. Doesn't start it really loud noises until about 3 am or so. It has also been raining during the night, so that may keep him in too. Whatever the scenario, I am thankful to have gotten a little more sleep.

Happy singing, tweeting and smelling!

1 comments:

Larissa said...

I know this stink that you speak of, Carrie!
We had a possum crawl under our house and die. Half of our house was full of the stench!
At another house we set a mouse trap under our bathroom sink. Once the decaying began and the stink began to fill the air - I knew that smell immediately and was convinced there was something dead somewhere. We were thankful that we found it pretty quickly!

It is a terrible smell!! What Abi said was totally cute!