The Jewelry Buzz

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What to do....

I have been struggling lately with discovering what kinds of things I could do from home to bring in some money. I am not a sales person, so selling some kind of product is not for me - I have tried it. I used to sell Pampered Chef and while I LOVED doing the shows and totally believe in, love and stand by their products, the paperwork just about did me in every time. So, back to the drawing board.

Maybe I could sew! I would love to sew! Wait... I don't have a sewing machine. Can't knit, can't crochet, not really into scrapbooking..... hmmmm. Let's change thought patterns. What CAN I do? Ummm.... sometimes I can write, but as we can see here I sure don't seem to have the time. Maybe I could work more on that. I could. I can edit. I can sing. I can listen. I can cook/bake. What kinds of things am I passionate about? Passionate about orphans, foster care, adoption, worship....

You thought this was going somewhere, didn't you? HA! I can see hear the puzzled wheels turning as you read this strange list of can-dos and passions. I am just as puzzled. I find myself asking God what in the world I can do that incorporates these things so that I can look to potentially bring in some money to contribute to our household income. Something I could do from home. Yes, I think that was the sound of a big ol' wrench that stopped the wheels from turning. He has created me with a purpose and gifted me with these talents, so He must have something in mind. He has blessed me with two beautiful little girls to mother, so I believe the "at home" piece is possible too. So now I throw it all out there to see what you have to say. Hear your thoughts and see if you might help me loosen this wrench. And if you know me and I have left something off the list, please do remind me.

OK! Forum OPEN! :-)

1 comments:

Larissa said...

You can be a mom. A completely focused mom. I often wonder how other people do it, to be quite honest. In order for me to do all that I need to do in a day to train and love my children - I can't imagine adding one more thing.
My husband and I talk about lanes all the time. We have my lane and we have his lane. His lane is to provide for us, take care of all home repairs, be the leader of our family, etc. My lane is to take care of the children, and take care of all things domestic. Every once in a while, I will ask Rich to do something and he will respond with, "not in my lane". It's kind of an inside joke, so when he says that we both laugh.
So, my suggestion to you would be to see your contribution to the family income as taking care of your home and family. There are plenty of things you can do to help just by being frugal.
Enjoy this time with your kiddos - and don't make yourself feel guilty about not getting an actual paycheck - your job is invaluable.
Love you!